Wednesday, 11 December 2013

Colouring Tutorial - Blue Violet Hair

Good evening all!
I have created a short tutorial, which shows how to colour hair using Blue/Violet Copic Ciao markers.
The image is from Deviant Art.
Hope you like it xxx

I added this to "What's on your workdesk Wednesday" blog.
Hoping that you hadnt noticed that my workdesk was actually my bed!

So.... here goes!
I personally always start with the lightest colour first.
I find it easier to add colour than to try and take it away if I have been too heavy.
Colour the top edge, then the bottom edge, using the tip of the marker to create a "flick", preventing harsh lines.
 Take your second pen, and repeat the process, but not "flicking" as far in as the first colour.
 Again, the process is the same. You can see the definition beginning to become clear.
 Please dont be scared to be bold with your colour.  Its the only way to achieve such defined shading.
 I have taken the lightest pen, and coloured over the whole area, which takes away the glare of the white, but still leaves a definite area light.
I then started on the next section of hair and repeated the process. It is always worth just concentrating on one area at a time, then once completed, move onto the next.  This way the process does not become too intimidating.
Here is the final result.
Hope you like her!
Hugs.
Lisa xxxxx


9 comments:

Erin said...

wow look at you :D stunning hun xxx

Tracy said...

This is fantastic, amazing colouring xx

Erin Stewart said...

Almost as good as a live lesson...nah, your lessons are fantastic, but this was good! xx

Julia Dunnit said...

You really are very clever, this is lovely as usual, and so well explained. ta. My lovely gal is a deviant art fan.

Linda Simpson said...

OH my this is fabulous! Love her hair and my favourite colour too. Thank you for sharing.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Jan Ltc said...

Wonderful TFS xx Jan (87)

Sue said...

Fab tutorial Lisa I need more copics lol hugs Sue xx

Debbie Fisher said...

wow fab tut thanks for sharing xxx

Rochelle said...

absolutely gorgeous!