Friday, 26 June 2015

Creative Expressions Blog Post Week 4

Morning all
Well I have made it through my first month over at the Creative Expressions Design Team
This week I have a fabulous shaker heart to work with, which as always, are availble from your favourite retailer lol

I prepped my heart with Cosmic Shimmer Gesso, before applying some of the fabulous decoupage papers from Creative Expressions.

To give more dimension and texture, I stencilled over the top of the decoupage with some of the texture shimmer paste from Creative Expressions... Fabulous product.  I love it!


I then decouaged some of the papers onto coconut foundations card, and left to dry.
Once dry, I hand cut a few leaf shaped petals and curled them.
I glued them together with Cosmic Shimmer acrylic glue, before popping a dazzler in the middle.



I used some Creative Expressions ribbon and painted it with Ivy Chalk Paint.
It dries fabulously and gives the ribbon some stiffness.


I then took some small MDF hearts from one of the Girls Grab Bags and painted them.
I used John's cherry blossom stamp to give interest to the hearts.


Finally i glued everything down with Cosmic Shimmer Glue and attached the ribbon.
Makes fabulous bunting, wall hanging or a gift for that special person.

Here is the final result.
Hope you like it x



Pop back next week when I will be treating you to some fabulous stamps and some colouring with alcohol markers!

Happy Friday xxxx


2 comments:

Katie Lamb said...

Beautiful project Lisa.
I love the MDF hearts

Sam Lewis said...

Fabulous! Those papers are so pretty. Hugs. xxSAMxx