Friday, 19 June 2015

Creative Expressions Week 3!!!

Morning all
Wow it's been a busy busy week here at That Craft Place Ltd.  We are getting ready for Christmas! Christmas in June, I cant believe it. But hey, it's got to be done.  So when I was thinking about this week's project, red and green were not on my agenda !!!!
Anyhow here we go.....

I started with a fabulous MDF tag. Made from high quality 4mm  MDF. Available from your favourite retailer of course !!! lol.

So first of all I primed my tag with Cosmic Shimmer white Gesso, to give the tag a base. Then I added some Green Speckle embossing powders.

I grabbed lots more colours of embossing powders and sprinkled them all over my lovely tag, heated them and rubbed some deep red wax into the tag, to highlight the embossing.
I then used the same technique as week one and popped some of the amazing decoupage papers over the top and sealed them with the glaze.
I then added more embossing powders and threw on a few of the mica flakes to give texture and bring all the colours together.



This was looking way too Christmassy... lol
I splashed out and dusted crushed olive disress inks over the top to brighten the project up.
I then used a sentiment from one of the fabulous Betty Boots stamps which I
cut, inked and distressed.
Finally I raided my stash for some of Sue Wilson's fabulous dies!!!!



Hope you like the result!
Happy Crafting.
Lisa xxx

I have entered this tag into the following challenges: 

3 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is really gorgeous, Thanks for taking the time to play along with us at Scrap & Craft this time, Good Luck
Kevin xx

Suzi said...

A wonderful creation, love your mini tutorial too and pretty details. Thank you so much for sharing with us over at Scrap & Craft. Good luck! Suzi

Angela Radford said...

Gorgeous tag, love it. Happy crafting, Angela x