Friday, 5 June 2015

How exciting!!!!

Good morning crafty world!

I am really excited to share my very first blog post for the Creative Expressions Design Team
I have been given some gorgeous goodies to play with so take a look below to see what I created.
ALL the products I've used can be purchased from any good Creative Expressions retailer... hint hint lol.

So let me show you my finished project and then I will tell you how you can achieve this with ease.

So I took the small rectangle MDF frame and painted it with cosmic shimmer Gesso.
This gave a strong base and a good grip for the mica flakes which I glued on with Cosmic Shimmer Glue.
 
I then painted over the entire frame using IVY Cosmic Shimmer Chalk Paint.
This gave the frame some beautiful textures to it.
I followed this with some speckle embossing powders and a few cosmic pva glue spots.

When everything was dry, I rubbed lightly over the top with dark red gilding wax.

 I painted the back and sides of the frame so there were no white edges anywhere, and then I
applied English Rose Decoupage Papers to the back portion of the frame.

To create the flowers, I took a piece of Creative Expressions Foundations card and pasted it with Cosmic Shimmer decouage matt glaze and seal.
I then spread more of the gorgeous decoupage papers onto the white card and left to dry for a few minutes.
Once dry and stiff, I die cut the card using one of Sue Wilson's awesome dies from the Finishing Touches range, called Classic Rose.


I then used one of the brilliant words from the Creative Expressions Art Grab Bag.
There are some fabulous little pieces in this bag, and I have used it tons.
I painted the word with the IVY chalk paint and added some of the deep red gilding wax to tie in with the frame.


And here we go! Pop all your elements together on frame and you have yourself a wonderful picture frame, perfect for your craft room, for a crafty friend or your mum.. soooo versatile.  I even raided my stash for this great Sue Wilson flourish, just to add a "Finishing Touch".

Hope you all have a "crafty" weekend.

Hugs
Lisa xxxxx





5 comments:

Julia Watts said...

F A B U L O U S !

Sam Lewis said...

Stunning! Love the frame x

Sam Lewis said...

Stunning! Love the frame x

Sam Lewis said...

Stunning! Love the frame x

Libby said...

This card is absolutely breath-taking! I love all of the minute details that you included, supported by a great color scheme, too. This is definitely a card to be treasured for many years to come. I also appreciate the tutorial format you used and shared in this post.