Friday, 12 June 2015

Week 2 of Creative Expressions DT!! Whoop Whoop.

Good morning all.
My second post for Creative Expressions is a CAS Card.  Clean and Simple.  Sometimes less is more.
Love these fabulous stamps by John Lockwood and thought, maybe, mmm...these would look great watercoloured! So lets see what I created.

Ok so I started with a blank black card  and matted some of the fabulous foundations card (using the Hessian embossing folder from Creative expressions.

On a separate piece of card I stamped John's gorgeous stamp and cut it out.
I decided to use three of my favourite inks to colour with.

I gradually built up colour, because you need to remember once these inks dry,
they become permanent and you cannot remove it.
So, initially, less is more.
I decided it was looking a little flat, so brought in a touch of Wild Honey.
That looks so much better :)


Finally I matted and layered the stamp onto more black and cream 
Foundations Card  and used some silicone glue to stick it onto the card, base
creating some dimension.
I found these fabulous Sue Wilson flourish dies in my stash, and thought these 
completed the project perfectly.

You can find the sentiments on John's A5 set of Cherry Blossom stamps, available from your favourite retailer!!! Hint Hint!!!!

Happy Crafting!

Lisa xxxx

No comments: