Friday, 10 July 2015

Creative Expressions Blog Post Week 6

Good morning all...
Wow its now six weeks since I first joined the Creative Expressions DT.
I am having a ball working with such fabulous products.
This week I am working with some fantastic stamps by John Lockwood.
This is what I created using John's Heart stamp set.
I wanted a simple monochrome look, which I think I achieved here.

Cut 2 pieces of coconut white card to fit inside on of Creative Expressions's MDF Hearts.


Paint the heart around the edges with Matt Chalkboard Paint


Whilst drying, ink up one of the hearts using Watering Can Archival Ink.
Stamp and cut out.


Stamp the smaller hearts too.


Run the plain card and the stamped hearts through an embossing/die cutting machine.



Lightly rub over the top of the embossing with a Smoothie.


Glue 4 hearts together using Cosmic Shimmer Glue.


Using a Sue Wilson Die, die cut a small rectangle and ink through with the Watering Can ink.
Stamp out the words above, from the stamp set.
Assemble as below!!!


I added some silver ribbon, some pearl corners and some Pearl Moon gilding wax to the edges.
Hope you like my alternative use for this gorgeous stamp.
Hugs
Lisa xxxx


3 comments:

Sandie said...

Lovely Lisa and I like the use of the hearts

Lea Brawn said...

Wow this is absolutely beautiful. What a lovely design. X

Pawsitively Creative said...

That is splendid and your step by step is so perfect to follow! Awesome sauce! That heart and embossing is fantabulous! Wowzers! ~Niki