Friday, 28 August 2015

Creative Expressions Friday Blog Post

Morning everyone,
Welcome to my blog.  It's Friday again and here is my creation using the amazing products available from Creative Expressions.

We are using:
MDF Heart
Phill Martin Paper Pad (Christmas)
Cosmic Shimmer Spritzer Inks
Circle Sentiment Stamps
Sue Wilson Poinsettia Die & Holly Die
Cosmic Shimmer Aqua Twinkles
and some accessories from my craft stash.



I firstly primed my MDF Heart with gesso and left to dry.
Using Phill's paper pad, I traced the heart and cut it out.  I then distressed the edges using a craft knife before gluing to the MDF.
I die cut some smaller hearts using coordinating papers from the pad, distressed them and glued them on using Cosmic Shimmer glue.

I took a piece of card and hand cut it into a banner shape, distressed the edges and covered it with some pretty ribbons from my stash.  I glued this on top.

Using Sue Wilson's Poinsettia Die and Holly Die I cut coordinating coloured flowers and holly and glued them on using Cosmic Shimmer. I then used the Aqua Twinkles to add a touch of sparkle.


Next, I used one of Creative Expressions Stamp and MDF sets. I stamped the sentiment onto cardstock from the paper pad. I painted the MDF circle with white gesso and then cut and glued the sentiment onto the MDF piece.  This was then glued to the final piece.

Here is the final result.  I was really happy with this project and I thoroughly enjoyed using all the stamps, dies and MDF in the same project. It shows the versatility of Creative Expressions products.

 

Hope you like it.
Hugs 
Lisa xxx


14 comments:

Jane said...

Wow, love this heart, it's beautiful and love your design and colours! Jane B.

Jackie Muckle said...

Loving the colour combination. Beautiful! !! Jackie M

Judy said...

I really like this Lisa, the colour scheme is beautiful, so soft and gentle. I think it would look so much better in my house than yours this Christmas!! I'm really enjoying the combination of your mdf with the creative expressions materials.

Katie Lamb said...

Beautiful project Lisa. I love the distressed layers.

Jackie Trinder said...

Wow this is stunning. Hugs Jackie

Sam Lewis said...

Lisa, this is simply stunning! So beautiful! Love all the distressing and those poinsettia/holly die cuts are to die for xxSAMxx

Dawn said...

So pretty, so many lovely details. x

Lea Brawn said...

Absolutely stunning x

Jan Ltc said...

I love this beautiful heart xx Jan

Deborah said...

Wow! It's amazing!!! I just love the colourcombo so much!!!

Beverley Lowe said...

This is stunning Lisa! I love all the elements & the colours are perfect.
Hugs,
Bev xx

Barbara said...

Really love this heart Lisa....the colours, the die-cuts and just the desin are all fabulous....love it!

nancyd said...

A fabulous heart love it I'm in the middle of doing one for my granddaughter so this gives me some ideas thank you.
Nancyd xx

Sandy said...

gorgeous! absolutely gorgeous!!
Sandy xx