Friday, 4 September 2015

Creative Expressions Friday Blog Post

Hello everyone. Hope you have all had a crafty week.
This week I have begun my preparations for Ally Pally (Alexandra Palace Crafting Show), on the 19th and 20th September.
Also today we have the fabulous John Lockwood on Hochanda working with Creative Expressions' fabulous MDF.  So I though I would kill 3 birds with one stone! DT post, Ally Pally sample, and an example of how I used the MDF sleigh like John on Hochanda.
So here we go.

I used:
MDF Sleigh
MDF Words
Phill Martin's Paper Pad
Sue Wilsons Poinsettia die, holly and fern.
White chalk paint
Vintage Photo ink pad


Prior to assembly I painted the MDF with Gesso.
I then traced and cut out the Sleigh using Phill Martin's Christmas papers
I painted the sleigh using Cosmic shimmer White and Corinth Blue chalk paints.

I glued the papers to the sleigh and sealed them with Glue and Glaze.
I then used Sue Wilson's Poinsettia, holly and fern die, along with 
her Finishing Touches Spirals which I cut using the coordinating papers
from the pad.
 

I repeated the process on both side and glued everything on with 
Cosmic shimmer glue.
This would make a fabulous table decoration, or sweetie holder or even a place
to pop the salt and pepper in, on the Christmas Dinner table.


So there you have it.
I thoroughly enjoyed making this. Check back next week to see what I have done with
baubles, texture paste and dies.

Happy Crafting.
Hugs
Lisa xxx


8 comments:

Linda28 said...

Hi Lisa, Fabulous sleigh, love everything about it, esp the colour theme you have used. Take care, Linda.

Sam Smithard said...

Hi Lisa
I Just Love Your Stunning Sleigh, I've Just Watched John On "Hochanda" Showing The Sleigh
I Must Admit I Truly Love The Fabulous Colour Palette You've Chosen, Also Adding
Your Very Beautiful Poinsettias Thank You So Much For Sharing.
Hugs From Sam xxx

dancing lady said...

Absolutely beautiful..............

annemarks said...

It's absolutely gorgeous and so beautiful in the blue shades 😄

Jackie Trinder said...

Hi this is stunning I love the colours and all the added flowers. Hugs Jackie

nancyd said...

Hi absolutely gorgeous love the way you have decorated this I have just done one but it's not as pretty as this so I'm off to do some flowers to pretty it up thanks for the inspiration.
Nancyd xx

Lea Brawn said...

Wow this is fabulous. X

Sandy said...

Boy I am seeing some fabulous Christmas decorations!!
Sandy xx