Friday, 30 October 2015

Creative Expressions Friday Blog Post

Well good morning everyone! Hope you have all had a fabulous week, and making the most of the dark evening to hide away and get crafty. I certainly have.

I had so much fun on Hochanda last week and decided I wanted to incorporate some of the fabulous decoupage papers into my project.

I have decided to make a door hanger using the MDF door hangers from Creative Expressions.

This is what I created.


I started by decorating the hanger with some of the Decoupage Papers.
I then used some pearlised Foundations Card to create the leaves and popped them to one side.  These were cut with Sue Wilson's awesomely useful Lotus Leaves die.

I then used a small piece of the crackle decoupage paper, and glued it to some white card, using the matt glue and seal.

I left this to dry, before die cutting the flowers using the Sue Wilson Closed Peony die.
I shaped the flowers and glued them using Cosmic Shimmer Glue.
I then distressed the edges of them with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
I also distressed the edges of the door hanger.

I popped everything to one side.
I found in my stash, one of the hearts from the Creative Expression Heart Wreath.
I covered this with walnut stain distress ink and gave it a quick blast with my heat tool.
This prevents any embossing powder sticking to wet ink.

I used an anti static bag to wipe over the top of the heart.
I then stamped using one of the Creative Expressions stamps which can be found in the "Christmas Tag" set and stamped onto the heart using clear embossing powder.
I covered with white detail powder and heat set.
I then compiled the project, using the leaves and flowers in the bottom right hand corner.
I balanced it with the heart higher up to the left.

I added some tiny dazzlers to the centre of the flowers to finish.

This has now been stolen by my daughter who clearly doesnt want to be disturbed until Santa
arrives! Who can blame her eh?

Happy Crafting!

Hugs Lisa xxxxx





8 comments:

Ameera Craft said...

Lovely Lisa! x

Jackie Trinder said...

Hi Lisa this is a stunning wall hanging the papers and the flowers are beautiful. Hugs Jackie

Tressa said...

I am not surprised your daughter nicked this, it is a lovely piece ideal for a child.

Teresa

Sam Smithard said...

Hi Lisa,
I Just Love Your Fantastic Door Handle And I'm Not Surprised Your Daughter Has Taken It For Herself
I Love Making Cards And Also Using MDF I Have Covered Boxes, Tissue Boxes, Set's Of Drawers, I'm Going To Purchase Some Of The Tremendous Papers As I'm Doing A Tissue Box As Part As A Gift For A Dear Friend.
Take Care Lisa I'm Pleased You've Joined The Creative Expression Team
Hugs From Sam xxx
Carry On Crafting ✂️✂️✂️

Lea Brawn said...

Great project Lisa. Love this x

Sandie Braithwaite said...

Lovely and inspiring

Sandie Braithwaite said...

Lovely and inspiring

magpie said...

Hi Lisa, what a gorgeous rustic hanger. "Thank you Lisa"....ps.....I'm not surprised that your daughter has disappeared with it! xx Love Karen xx