Friday, 20 November 2015

Double Bubble!!!

Morning everyone.
Well today is a very very busy day for me.

Firstly its my blog post day, and secondly,  I'm packing up my car and driving up to Peterborough for my One Day Special Show on Hochanda.  Hope you can all tune in, tonight, 8pm.  If not, there are 4 shows tomorrow, 9am, 12 noon, 4pm and 7pm.

Here is my project for today, which you will see on the TV this evening.  Not sure if I will get round to doing a demo on this one but I will give you all the details here as to how I created it.

So here is the finished piece.....
I brought a bundle of Kraft coloured bottle gift bags for Christmas pressies and thought they looked a touch dull... 
Mmmm, what could I do with them? Well my brain went into overdrive and all my stash was sifted through until I found what I thought would look good.
I used the Tartan 2 decoupage papers and I trimmed it to size before gluing it onto the bag using Mat glue and seal.

The next thing I did was to take a piece of the gold decoupage paper and scrunch it up as tight as I could, then opened it out again.  It was fabulously creased. I decoupaged half onto one of the new style MDF tags (appearing on Hochanda tonight),  and the other half I glued to a piece of card.  I left this to dry for ten minutes.

Whilst it was drying I stamped some Creative Expressions Poinsettia stamps using a clear ink and silver embossing powder, then die cut them with the matching die from Sue Wilson.

I strung some gold ribbon onto the tag and then glued on the poinsettia.  I added a little gingerbread MDF embellishment for balance.

Once dry, I die cut the gold decoupage paper using a Sue Wilson die, before matting and layering it onto a red piece of foundations card.
I then created a double bow using some Creative Expressions Crushed Ribbon.

I think it all came together rather well.
 

Hope you like it.

Hugs.
Lisa x




5 comments:

magpie said...

Hi Lisa, I love this with it's cuteness of the gingerbread man and the tartan paper adhered to the bag. It's brilliant and not only to hold a present but if that was made for me I would never throw it away! "Thank you Lisa". xx Have a great time tonight, they're all lovely presenters xx Love Karen XX

Jackie Trinder said...

Hi Lisa this is stunning. I am just getting ready to watch your show this evening. I hope it all goes well. Hugs Jackie

Lea Brawn said...

A great show Lisa. Looking forward to tomorrow. Fabulous bag and tag. X

Donna said...

Loving the tartan!!! Fab bottle bag, perfect for a bottle of red!!
Hugs Donna xx

Rose in Chester said...

Gorgeous, love the tartan with the Kraft.
Have a great weekend.
Rose