Thursday, 7 January 2016

Creative Expressions Thursday Blog Post

Well good morning everyone!!!
Now it doesn't take a lot to confuse me, but I managed to remember that my blog post day is now Thursday.
So here we go. I have used the gorgeous papers that I used on Christmas Day,  from Couture Creations.  They are just such a dream to use and the colours are very "me" !
I have used an MDF Shaker Heart which started out like this...
Now they look a little boring don't they lol.
But after we have finished .... voila!
So let me show you how to make this gorgeous heart.

I used the Couture Creations Paper Pad and used the MDF Heart as a template to draw around.

I then glue the paper on using the Creative Expressions Glaze Glue & Seal. Matt.  Once dry I used Chic Magenta Colour Cloud to edge the heart.

I used Sue Wilson's Pierced Flags die, and die cut onto coordinating card.
I layered them with matching paper from other pages from the 12 x 12 pad.

To follow the colour theme, I picked another page from the pad and die cut the
Sue Wilson Ivy die.
.
I laid them down onto the page to see where they would look best placed.

I spied a bag of buttons in one of my crafty boxes and thought how amazing the colours matched! So
I decided to almost "sprinkle" them over the heart.

I glued the flags and ivy down and then used my hot glue gun to adhere the buttons.

I added some ribbon to the largest button to balance the design and draw the eye.
I am really pleased how it's turned out!

Lisa xxxxxx

PS dont forget to tune into Hochanda, 8pm on the 6th Jan, 9am, 12 noon, 47th pm and 7pm on the 7th Jan where I will be crafting for a One Day Special.
xxxxxxxxx





5 comments:

Tressa said...

I like the mixed media aspect of this, the use of buttons is inspiring.

Enjoyed last night's show even though the stamps aren't my cup of tea. Your using the colour cloud to paint was well done.

Teresa

Donna said...

Fabulous creation, love it!!
Hugs Donna xx
Kraftyscot Handmade Crafts

Lea Brawn said...

Wow love this Lisa x

Sam Smithard said...

Hi Lisa,
I Love Your Creation, Your Sharing With Us Today.
I Must Admit I Truly Loved Your Shows On Hochanda
As I Love Colouring, And I Loved The Stamps You Did So Very Well I Love The Journal
Type Card Someone Made For You, I Would So Love To Find Out How This Was Made
It Was Stunning, Not Only Did The Strap Look Like Leather The Whole Project Looked
Like Leather.
I Also Loved The Card Where You Placed Your Stamp On Acetate, And The Beautiful Card
Also Useing Sue Wilson's Die's Fantastic You Did A Terrific Job.
I Hope To See You Back On Hochanda Very Soon
Hugs From Sam xxx
Carry On Creating ✂️✂️✂️

America said...

Lovely Papers and great project. What a beautiful way to use the chipboard heart, the fabulous pierced flag dies and those awesome ivy dies!