Thursday, 7 April 2016

Creative Expressions Thursday Blog Post

Morning!!!
Ive been rubbish at blogging I know I know, but I am back!  I have been prepping for Ally Pally this weekend and getting ready for Hochanda shows... oooh busy and exciting times.

Well here is my project for this week.  It's using one of the Creative Expressions MDF Tags which are perfect for mixed media pieces.
I decided to paint the bare tag with black gesso.  I then stamped using the bubbles from my "by the sea" stamp set, using Perfect Medium and Clear embossing powder.

I used some Titanium gilding wax over the top to give a resist look which I was really pleased with.  I then took one of the mini masks and ran some titanium sparkle texture paste through it and left to dry.

Whilst waiting, I stamped 2 of my Tile Background stamps and layered them up.

I inked some white American Seam Binding with a coordinating colour and popped a Petal Lu flower on top.
After I had constructed the tag I stamped out the word ART using
my Large Letter Tiles, and cut them out.  I edged them with the titanium wax to coordinate.

I am really pleased with this. Hope you like it.

Hugs

Lisa xxxxxx



6 comments:

Rose in Chester said...

I love it Lisa. Have fun at
Ally Pally - wish I could be there.
Rose

lulucker said...

Check you out! A blog post too. You should be proud it's a gorgeous tag. Have fun at ally pally wish I was there too, xxxx

lulucker said...

Check you out! A blog post too. You should be proud it's a gorgeous tag. Have fun at ally pally wish I was there too, xxxx

Jackie Trinder said...

Hi Lisa this is a stunning tag I just love it. I am coming to Ally Pally on Sunday I will stop by and say hi. On Saturday we are checking out a wedding venue with our daughter and her fiancé. It is all very exciting. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Lea Brawn said...

Fabulous creation Lisa x

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

This is a fabulous tag, love it!!
Hugs Donna xx